‘THE BOW IS MINE’ SELF PORTRAIT REVEALS A FIRST COLLECTION OF BAGS PAYING TRIBUTE TO THE 90S | New
NAOMI CAMPBELL STARS IN THE COUNTRYSIDE CAPTURED BY RENELL MEDRANOON THE ICONIC TRAIL OF BRANDY & MONICA
LONDON, June 7, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Han Chong, Founder and Creative Director of London based on the fashion label’s self-portrait, collaborated with Renell Medrano, Haley Wollens and Naomi Campbell paying homage to the 90s – an era that continually influences and inspires the brand – to bring the attitude and sensibility of the first self-portrait bag collection to life.
The bow is mine
Rooted in the vibe of an inspiring era in fashion history and creative culture, the video campaign is set to Brandy & Monica’s iconic ’90s hit record “The Boy Is Mine.”
Produced and captured by Renell Medrano, Naomi Campbell takes on the confident and defiant lead role, alongside her Bow Bag.
Filmed in a private home in London Through a series of rooms, the film presents a sequence of imaginary telephone conversations with only one thing known for certain: the bow is hers.
Stylized by Haley WollensNaomi wears pieces from Self Portrait’s upcoming Fall/Winter 2022 collection, including a two-piece sequined skirt and crop top, a long-sleeved knit dress and a knit midi dress.
The full campaign includes seven images, a series of short vignettes and a 60 second film.
The bow bag
Inspired by the ease and freedom associated with the self-portrait brand, the Bow Bag debuts with two styles – the Bow Mini and the Bow Micro.
“Thinking about how to launch the Bow Bag, I felt quite nostalgic and reflected on the past and I was always drawn to the 90s, a time when fashion was soft but tough and heavily influenced by music. origins of this campaign came from such a simple idea born out of a play on words with the name of our new bag. Given the ambition, it could have been incredibly difficult, but I was so honored when everything the world jumped on board to make it a reality – from creative ingenues Renell and Haley, to the legendary Naomi who plays our leading lady and Brandy and Monica for letting us use their iconic track to bring life to our dream video.
There is only one person I knew capable of fulfilling the role of our lead for this video… Naomi not only defines the era we are honoring through this project, but she represents everything that the self-portrait woman represents – she is strong, independent, provocative and always authentically herself.” – Han Chongself-portrait Founder and creative director
“Being British, it’s always important to me to support talented creatives in my own country, especially those who celebrate women in the way self-portraits do. Collaborating with Han, Renell and Haley on my first campaign for the house was a a great experience both culturally and creatively, which made the experience nostalgic for a time when it was all about telling stories through images.” – Naomi Campbell
The Bow Bag collection is available for purchase on self-portrait.com, in self-portrait stores worldwide, including the brand’s flagship store at Londonand through its global network of retail partners.
NOTES TO EDITORS
ABOUT ‘THE BOW IS MINE’ CAMPAIGN
- Creative direction: Han Chongand frosted
- Photographer and director: Renell Medrano
- Stylist: Haley Wollens
- Makeup: Angloma
- Hair: Rio Sreedharan
ABOUT THE SOUNDTRACK
- Brandy & Monica’s Original Track “The Boy Is Mine” Provides Campaign Soundtrack
- The track authenticates creativity, 90s influence and a play on the campaign slogan “The Bow is Mine”
- Released in 1998, it’s been 24 years since the track first hit the airwaves
ABOUT SELF PORTRAIT
- Founded in the UK in 2013 by Han Chongautoportrait is a modern fashion house based in London which has become synonymous with modern formal wear for day and night and prides itself on its deep understanding of structure and materials
- self-portrait is committed to reducing its environmental impact by using responsibly sourced fibers and in 2019 began introducing organic cotton and recycled muslin and polyester into its collections. In 2020, the brand introduced recycled viscose
- self-portrait is available online at self-portrait-studio.com and in stores worldwide, including its flagship products in London, bangkok, beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Shenzhen and taipei. the self-portrait is also sold through a network of selected retailers around the world
Video – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1833918/self_portrait.mp4
Photo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1833901/self_portrait_1.jpg
Photo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1833905/self_portrait_2.jpg
Photo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1833908/self_portrait_3.jpg
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-bow-is-mine-self-portrait-reveals-debut-bag-collection-paying-homage-to-the -90s-301562232.html