The attacker snatched a woman’s bag at the SI station, threw her to the ground. Soon, he will begin his 4th stay in prison.

STATEN ISLAND, NY — With three separate stints in prison, Theodore Shearin has spent much of his adult life behind bars.

The 44-year-old Mariners Harbor resident will soon add a few more years to that inauspicious tally after admitting to assaulting a victim at Clifton station two years ago.

The episode occurred around 2:20 p.m. on July 28, 2020, a criminal complaint said.

Shearin ripped a woman’s bag from her arm and threw her to the ground “repeatedly”, according to court documents from prosecutors.

The victim’s arm was injured in the attack, prosecutors said.

Shearin was arrested nearly four months later, on November 9, based on an investigation.

He was charged with robbery, assault, robbery and possession of stolen property.

Shearin resolved the case Thursday by pleading guilty to third-degree robbery.

In exchange, he will be sentenced on March 10 by the Supreme Court of the State of St. George to two to four years in prison.

Shearin’s attorney did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment on the case.


Shearin’s criminal record dates back nearly three decades, online records from the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision show.

In 1994, he was sentenced to four to 12 years behind bars for attempted felony sale of a controlled substance and attempted robbery.

Fifteen years later, in 2009, the accused was sentenced to two to four years for attempted assault.

Subsequently, Shearin was released from prison in February 2013.

But less than two months later, on April 10, he was shot and wounded on a street in Mariners Harbour.

Finally, in 2016, Shearin was sentenced to three to six years for attempted robbery.

In that case, the defendant received street justice in June 2015 when a group of good Samaritans tackled and pinned him to the ground after he allegedly assaulted an Arizona tourist in Manhattan.

Moments earlier, Shearin allegedly dragged the victim, a 36-year-old woman, urging the Good Samaritans to come to her aid.

Several men restrained Shearin, but he managed to free himself. However, two Metropolitan Transportation Authority cops pursued and arrested him for robbery, officials said.

He was paroled in April 2019.

Source link

Comments are closed.