Shoes found of missing boy after Marches storms – English

(ANSA) – ROME, SEPTEMBER 20 – Rescuers said on Tuesday they had found the tennis shoes of Mattia Luconi, an eight-year-old boy missing after last week’s deadly storms and floods in Le Marche.

Mattia was torn from his mother’s arms by floodwaters on the evening of September 15 in the Castelleone di Suasa area.

On Monday, the boy’s backpack was found about eight kilometers from where he had disappeared.

A 56-year-old woman is also missing after the storms. in which 11 people are confirmed dead.

The storms also caused enormous damage.

Ancona’s chief prosecutor, Monica Garulli, said the failure to give advance warning to towns affected by last week’s deadly storms in the Marches is one of the things her investigation is looking into.

“In terms of the dynamics of the events, what has been observed at the moment is that there was no alert from the regional government of the Marches to the (affected) towns,” Garulli told RAI televisions. .

“The investigation is at an initial stage.”

Some experts said it was impossible to predict the level of severe weather that hit the Marches last week, although torrential rains were expected.

Scientists say human-caused climate change is making extreme weather events like these storms more frequent and intense.

Prime Minister Mario Draghi linked the disaster to the climate crisis during his visit to the region on Friday.

“What happened today shows how fundamental the fight against climate change is,” he said. (ANSA).

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA






Source link

Comments are closed.